Nikon Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AI-s Wonder Lens

Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 lens on Sony NEX-7 - Nikon to NEX adapter 
One of my favorite Nikon lenses. According to experts the Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s is the sharpest manual-focus lens Nikon has ever made. It's the closest focusing Nikon lens as well - 7 inches or 20 cm. With no noticeable barrel distortion - it is considered by experts as close to perfect as possible.

I've had one of these wonderful Nikkors for 5 years and love it. First used it on my Nikon FE film camera, after that my digital Nikon 200D, then I shot with it on my Olympus Pen - Now I have it mounted to my Sony NEX-7.

Almost forgot - I had this baby mounted on my Sony NEX-VG10 and shot some great HD video.

No other lens comes close to the sharpness this baby provides. On my NEX it is equivalent to a 42mm lens.

BTW - I don't own any of the aforementioned cameras anymore, except the NEX-7. I always sell the old to get the newer.  I have a habit of selling my gadgets before they become obsolete and staying on the cutting edge. It's the only way to do it if you aren't filthy rich - the point is old lenses work on new cameras - enjoy your old lens.

I've pretty much said all I can say about this marvel, except that it has really beautiful bokeh. (IMHO)

UPDATE - FEB. 2015:

I still own this lens and now use it on a Sony a7s - recording to an Atomos Shogun 4K recorder. For more on this see my new blog:
http://4kproducer.blogspot.com

No comments: