Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Xenar 50mm f/2.8

My Retina III S with sharp Xenar 50mm f/2.8
Another great compact German 50mm lens. They were used on Kodak Retina cameras.

Retinas were made in Germany by Nagel Camerawerk. Dr. August Nagel founder of Contessa and co-founder of Zeiss Ikon decided to go on his own and started Nagel Camerawerk in 1928. Acquired by Kodak in the early 1930s they made Retinas until 1969.

I love this little lens, it's very sharp and makes great pictures on my NEX-7.

Just like the Steinheil München I posted about earlier I was blown away by the sharpness and lack of chromatic aberration.


2 comments:

fakesoundoff said...

Hi there,
I'd like to know which adapter you use to be able to shot with this lens on your NEX-7.
Thanks in advance.

4KProducer said...

Search eBay for NEX lens adapters you'll find one for every lens. The one you want is DKL-NEX.